Thursday 24 May 2012

A Superhero RPG for PC

Apologies for the lack of updates for the last couple of weeks, but I've been pretty busy for the last while and here's why:

I'm making a game! Yep, a bona fide computer game. It's an old-school style rpg game but unlike all those old-school rpg games this isn't about fighting trolls and dragons, no this is all about superheroes!

Now of course, making a game isn't easy, which is why I want to be able to dedicate time to it and to make it as good as I possibly can. To aid me with this I have started a fundraiser on indiegogo.com/knightsRPG. Please, check it out if you have a minute to spare. The aim of this is really to provide me with the means to be able to concentrate on making the game to the best of my ability.

For those who have used crowdfunding sites in the past, you may be thinking "Indiegogo? Why doesn't he just use Kickstarter? Everyone and their cat seems to have heard of that place!"

Well to be honest, I would have liked to have used Kickstarter too. It's a well-known thing at the moment, and videogame funding seems to do well over there. The only problem is, you have to have a bank account in the USA to be able to use it, and as I'm from Ireland and currently living in Australia, that didn't seem like it was going to happen. And so I went for the second largest site out there, indiegogo!

I'm very excited about all this and I have the game all mapped out, along with some fun things I'd like to implement based on what funding I get for the game. So do me a favour if you can and head over to indiegogo.com/knightsRPG and check out the game, and if you really want, drop me a couple of pennies, and I'd be very grateful.

Thanks and see ya soon,

James

No comments:

Post a Comment